Augusto Magnaghi and Mario Terzaghi start working together while studying at the university, and they open a studio which sets itself apart in 1939 with a rationalist building in Fino Mornasco. After forced inactivity during WWII, their studio starts back to work with several residential complexes, in particular for the INA House Institute.
1959 – Out of production
After forced inactivity during WWII, their studio starts back to work with several residential complexes, in particular for the INA House Institute.
An Olivari classic, the Bica handle, conceived by architects Augusto Magnaghi and Mario Terzaghi for the Bica complex (part of the Montecatini Group). It’s the first mass-produced handle in Italy, in anodized aluminum alloy, and is one of the projects that has enjoyed considerable, long-lasting commercial success in the vast Olivari catalog.
They design the Ivrea Hospital along with Ignazio Gardella (1959). They design upholstered furniture for Busnelli and receive the 1954 Compasso d’Oro design award for a modular kitchen produced by Saffa.