Gianemilio, Pietro, and Anna Bertarini Monti open their professional studio in 1948, right after graduating from the university. They enthusiastically participate in the reconstruction of Milan after WWII with many residential buildings both in INA-Casa housing projects and in the center of town.
Their production, especially their villas in Piona (1952), Morbegno (1957), and Forte dei Marmi (1957) are published on major Italian and foreign periodicals. They then receive important commissions from Fiat and SNAM gas, such as the Pugnochiuso tourism center in Apulia.
They are also active in design, creating products for De Padova and Fontana Arte. Their designs are rather experimental, since they are among the first to use plastic materials for illumination, with a series of lamps for Kartell in 1959.