After finishing his studies in 1948, Mangiarotti moves to Chicago in 1953 where he is also a visiting professor at IIT. He returns to Milan in 1955 and collaborates for a few years with Frank Lloyd Wright’s student Bruno Morassutti. He creates highly experimental works such as the Mater Misericordiae church in Baranzate (1957) and the Casa a Tre Cilindri in via Gavirate in Milan (1959).
1993 – Out of production
1947 – Out of production
Mangiarotti then experiments with prefabricated structures in cement. These lead not only to a high level of technical refinement, but great esthetic refinement as well.
His same constructional skill and formal sensitivity appear in his design of objects and furnishings, such as the modular glass lamp V+V Giogali (1967) and the Eros gravity tables (1971).